Xiaflex for Dupytren

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance. Our providers inject Xiaflex for Dupytren's. They use a template to assist with documentation for this. We recently discovered that it may not be documenting the medication correctly, so I want to ask fellow coders before reaching out to the Drug Rep how you see the medication documented. The med J0775 represents 0.01 mg of Xiaflex. Information I received states we are supposed to bill  this out at 90 units. Here are a couple examples of how it is currently populating in our system:

• Xiaflex .9 mg (1 mL)

• 3 locations with 0.39 cc of Xiaflex

• entire 0.9 mg injection 3 fractions

I'm used to seeing other meds documented like "Kenalog Injectable 40 mg (1 mL)" or "Kenalog Injectable 40 mg (2 mL)".

I would appreciate any guidance other coders might have to help get Xiaflex set up correctly in our templates and so that we bill it correctly.

Thank you!

Heather

Comments

• Hi Heather, the dosage looks accurate for one single use vial.  "Xiaflex is supplied in single-use glass vials containing 0.9 mg of collagenase clostridium histolyticum as a sterile, lyophilized powder for reconstitution. Sterile diluent for reconstitution is provided in the package in a single-use glass vial containing 3 mg of 0.3 mg/mL calcium chloride dihydrate in 0.9% sodium chloride." This quote is from the Xiaflex medication guide. My providers templates are similar to yours.