flex sig question

Our physician performed a flex sig with a hemorrhoid band removal. Can I bill for the removal or would this just be a 45330? Thanks for your help!

Chris Kraft
Digestive Disease Consultants
1302 Franklin Ave. Suite 4800
Normal, IL 61761
309-454-5900

**E-Mail CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**This message is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may have been disclosed to you from records whose confidentiality is protected by Federal Law and applicable State Law. Federal Regulation, C.R.R., Part 2 prohibits you from making any further disclosure without the specific written authorization of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distribution, or copying this communications is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please immediately notify Digestive Disease Consultants, Ltd. by telephone 309-454-5900 or email and return the original message to us at the above address.

Comments

• What type of banding kit did he use? We bill the 46221 and we use the CRH kits. If only a diagnostic flex sig was done depending on the carrier the flex sig would be bundled.

Myia Johnson, RHIA
    Business Office Manager
    Lafayette General Endoscopy Center
    337-289-8249
    Sent from my iPhone, excuse my errors