**Microfracture with UKA - Can you bill? What code?**

Our doctor is performing uni-compartmental knee replacements and on occasion he does a microfracture for a trochlear groove lesion.  Is there a code we can use along with 27446 to indicate he did an open microfracture?  The other question is whether or not this microfracture would be bundled in with the uni.  Any help is appreciated.  I have discussed with his PA and he told me to ask the experts on the forum! ;-)  Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Andrea Koberlein

Bonutti Orthopedic Clinic

Sign In or Register to comment.